gmail account manager seems incompatible with firefox
if I use IE then the Gmail account manager always remembers and displays both of my Gmail accounts so I can choose which to sign into. But firefox never remembers the Gmail addresses from one day to the next , which is very frustrating as is prefer using Firefox for web browsing and also need to dip in and out of each Gmail numerous times a day.
Surely I am not the only firefox user with 2 gmails so someone must have overcome this issue already ?
Additional System Details
- User Agent: Mozilla/5.0 (compatible; MSIE 10.0; Windows NT 6.1; Trident/6.0; SLCC2; .NET CLR 2.0.50727; .NET CLR 3.5.30729; .NET CLR 3.0.30729; Media Center PC 6.0; .NET4.0C)
Many site issues can be caused by corrupt cookies or cache. In order to try to fix these problems, the first step is to clear both cookies and the cache. Note: This will temporarily log you out of all sites you're logged in to. To clear cache and cookies do the following:
- Go to Firefox > History > Clear recent history or (if no Firefox button is shown) go to Tools > Clear recent history.
- Under "Time range to clear", select "Everything".
- Now, click the arrow next to Details to toggle the Details list active.
- From the details list, check Cache and Cookies and uncheck everything else.
- Now click the Clear now button.
Further information can be found in the Clear your cache, history and other personal information in Firefox article.
Did this fix your problems? Please report back to us!
eurosteve, Are you still having problems? You never replied to the above suggestion.
I see you asked another Gmail question on 12/17/13:
- /questions/980691 firefox never remembers my 2 gmail addresses
The last reply in that thread was also dated Dec 17, 2013, from Kadir Topal, one of the administrators of this site. You never replied to him either.
Details like websites remembering you (log you in automatically) are stored in a cookie.
- Create a cookie 'allow' exception to keep such cookies, especially in case of secure websites and when cookies expire when Firefox is closed.
- Tools > Options > Privacy > Cookies: Exceptions
In case you are using "Clear history when Firefox closes":
- do not clear the Cookies
- do not clear the Site Preferences
- Tools > Options > Privacy > Firefox will: "Use custom settings for history": [X] "Clear history when Firefox closes" > Settings
Note that clearing "Site Preferences" clears all exceptions for cookies, images, pop-up windows, software installation, and passwords.
Clearing cookies will remove all specified (selected) cookies including cookies with an allow exception that you would like to keep.
I couldn't find a method of replying at the time , still trying to figure out how firefox can work for me with 2 gmails.
currently using IE for the gmails and FF for browsing etc - and its clear my pc doesn't like this !
Did you check the cookies in the Cookie Manager to see if they are still there the next day(s) or that they are gone and possibly removed by other software?
- Firefox/Tools > Options > Privacy > Cookies: "Show Cookies"