firefox crashes when printing
firefox crashes when trying to print.
Additional System Details
- Shockwave Flash 11.9 r900
- Google Update
- MindSpark Toolbar Platform Plugin Stub for 32-bit Windows
- Octoshape embedded video plugin
- The QuickTime Plugin allows you to view a wide variety of multimedia content in Web pages. For more information, visit the QuickTime Web site.
- Adobe PDF Plug-In For Firefox and Netscape
- Windows Presentation Foundation (WPF) plug-in for Mozilla browsers
- DRM Netscape Network Object
- Npdsplay dll
- DRM Store Netscape Plugin
- User Agent: Mozilla/5.0 (Windows NT 5.1; rv:26.0) Gecko/20100101 Firefox/26.0
updated firefox to version 26. reset all firefox setting through about\troubleshooting. disabled all plugins and add-ons. uinstalled and re-installed firefox. tried other browsers and they worked fine. updated print drivers. deleted profile folder. reset print settings. nothing i've done has fixed this problem.
We're sorry to hear that Firefox is crashing. In order to assist you better, please follow the steps below to provide us crash IDs to help us learn more about your crash.
- Enter about:crashes in the Firefox address bar and press Enter. A Submitted Crash Reports list will appear, similar to the one shown below.
- Copy the 5 most recent Report IDs that start with bp- and paste them into your response here.
Thank you for your help!
More information and further troubleshooting steps can be found in the Firefox crashes - Troubleshoot, prevent and get help fixing crashes article.
Please try these general troubleshooting steps:
- Try Firefox in safe mode (More Details)
- Scan your computer for infections (Additional Steps)
- Check for plugin updates (Check Now)
- Ensure that your firewall/antivirus programs are not interfering
Please report back with the results of each step above.
Modified by Wesley Branton
Report ID Date Submitted bp-58104923-2e74-49c8-8170-758f22131220 12/19/2013 9:55 PM bp-262cffd3-822a-4f48-a3db-b89962131220 12/19/2013 7:56 PM bp-c5bd7ab1-8790-43dc-ba0f-48afb2131220 12/19/2013 7:56 PM bp-80fad626-0c68-469b-8b4f-0f0992131220 12/19/2013 7:50 PM bp-86ab2c24-6d90-4571-ba0a-e223d2131220 12/19/2013 7:49 PM
That is a problem with the Lexmark printer driver (LXBVDR5C.DLL)
You can try if there is an updated driver available for Lexmark.
You can try to reset the print prefs in case some setting is causing this issue.
Modified by cor-el
bp-b2fbc11e-ef6f-4ff0-9c9b-86a512140527 5/27/14 1:04 PM bp-615064b7-3b7f-442e-9c88-8958d2140527 5/27/14 1:01 PM bp-30ad9ec8-a2d6-495f-b9ca-038322140527 5/27/14 12:51 PM bp-cf249c09-c6ac-425b-9227-4268a2140527 5/27/14 12:49 PM bp-fe4c9f77-ac6d-419e-9f47-385a92140527 5/27/14 12:46 PM
Also see edit
locked original and open thread /questions/1003343
Modified by John99