PDF created from InDesign not viewing correctly in Firefox
I have exported PDF files to be uploaded to Firefox. When they are uploaded all drop shadows etc. turn blocky. Some fonts do not appear correctly. It is not always the same font and it will just be one line out of a paragraph. It appears to be that Firefox is not handling "over print" correctly. It views perfectly fine in Safari, Chrome, and IE. We have all tried viewing these pages in Firefox and some of us can view them fine, even those of us that are using the same version and operating system etc., one persons will view fine and the others not.
Additional System Details
- Shockwave Flash 11.9 r900
- Displays Java applet content, or a placeholder if Java is not installed.
- The QuickTime Plugin allows you to view a wide variety of multimedia content in web pages. For more information, visit the QuickTime Web site.
- Microsoft Office for Mac SharePoint Browser Plug-in
- Version 188.8.131.5210
- Google Talk Plugin Video Accelerator version:0.1.44.29
- Microsoft Lync 2010 Meeting Join Plug-in
- Adobe® Acrobat® Plug-in for Web Browsers, Version 11.0.04
- A plugin to detect whether the Adobe Extension Manager is installed on this machine.
- Plugin for Wacom tablets.
- Plugin that detects installed Citrix Online products (visit www.citrixonline.com).
- User Agent: Mozilla/5.0 (Macintosh; Intel Mac OS X 10.8; rv:26.0) Gecko/20100101 Firefox/26.0
Thank you for contacting Mozilla Support. I'm sorry you're having issues viewing PDFs in Firefox. Are you using the Firefox's PDF viewer or do your PDFs open in Adobe Acrobat or another PDF viewer?
The Firefox PDF viewer. The pdf's are fine when viewed in Acrobat, or on another browser (IE, Chrome and Safari)