why isnt my browser popping up on my screen
Ever since I uninstalled some stuff from my computer thinking it would help speed up my computer my Firefox browser doesnt pop up but it says firefox isrunning.
Additional System Details
- User Agent: Mozilla/5.0 (Linux; Android 4.2.2; en-us; SAMSUNG SGH-M919 Build/JDQ39) AppleWebKit/535.19 (KHTML, like Gecko) Version/1.0 Chrome/18.0.1025.308 Mobile Safari/535.19
Certain Firefox problems can be solved by performing a Clean reinstall. This means you remove Firefox program files and then reinstall Firefox. Please follow these steps:
Note: You might want to print these steps or view them in another browser.
- Download the latest Desktop version of Firefox from http://www.mozilla.org and save the setup file to your computer.
- After the download finishes, close all Firefox windows (click Exit from the Firefox or File menu).
- Delete the Firefox installation folder, which is located in one of these locations, by default:
- C:\Program Files\Mozilla Firefox
- C:\Program Files (x86)\Mozilla Firefox
- Mac: Delete Firefox from the Applications folder.
- Linux: If you installed Firefox with the distro-based package manager, you should use the same way to uninstall it - see Install Firefox on Linux. If you downloaded and installed the binary package from the Firefox download page, simply remove the folder firefox in your home directory.
- Now, go ahead and reinstall Firefox:
- Double-click the downloaded installation file and go through the steps of the installation wizard.
- Once the wizard is finished, choose to directly open Firefox after clicking the Finish button.
Please report back to see if this helped you!
Does it show a message like, "Firefox is running, but it isn't responding. You have to close the existing Firefox process or restart your system"? Right click the taskbar and select Start task manager. In the task manager window click on the processes tab. It will show a list of processes, and select Firefox.exe *32 or Firefox.exe. Then click the End process button, and click OK in the dialog. Finally restart Firefox, and it should be fixed.
I tried and nothing is popping up
When I did go to task manager I did click on the Firefox and ended the process. And still nothing. But under user name it says owner. Does that affect anything
It didn't work
Could you try starting Firefox in its Safe Mode.
Hold down the Shift key when starting Firefox. Then, a small dialog should appear.
Note: if you get the error that Firefox is already running, you'll have to "kill" it in the Task Manager again.
In the dialog, click "Start in Safe Mode" (not Reset)
Will Firefox start in Safe Mode?
Did you remove the Firefox profile folder?
You can use the Profile Manager to create a new profile as a test to check if your current profile is causing the problems or is missing.
See "Creating a profile":
If the new profile works then you can transfer some files from an existing profile to the new profile, but be cautious not to copy corrupted files to avoid carrying over the problem.