My Firefox browser was "taken over" by Yahoo - I had no access to Firefox at all. I was able to restore the Firefox, but lost all my bookmarks. Can you restore
I am lost without my bookmarks - can they be restored?
See the following article:Read this answer in context 0
Additional System Details
- Shockwave Flash 11.9 r900
- Google Update
- Next Generation Java Plug-in 10.45.2 for Mozilla browsers
- NPRuntime Script Plug-in Library for Java(TM) Deploy
- Adobe PDF Plug-In For Firefox and Netscape 11.0.05
- Adobe Shockwave for Director Netscape plug-in, version 188.8.131.52
- User Agent: Mozilla/5.0 (Windows NT 5.1; rv:26.0) Gecko/20100101 Firefox/26.0
See the following article:
Did you uninstall Firefox and also removed your personal data?
When you remove personal data when uninstalling Firefox then all profile folders with your personal data including the bookmarks have been removed.
You would need an undelete utility if you do not have a backup.
- Recuva: http://www.piriform.com/recuva