how to change from ESR to RELEASE channel
I'm in ESR channel and at version 17.0.11
How do I change it to RELEASE channel?
Additional System Details
- Shockwave Flash 11.9 r900
- Google Talk Plugin Video Accelerator version:0.1.44.29
- Version 188.8.131.5210
- Google Update
- Next Generation Java Plug-in 10.45.2 for Mozilla browsers
- NPRuntime Script Plug-in Library for Java(TM) Deploy
- iTunes Detector Plug-in
- IBM 821 Conference Plugin for Mozilla version 184.108.40.2061
- The QuickTime Plugin allows you to view a wide variety of multimedia content in Web pages. For more information, visit the QuickTime Web site.
- Adobe PDF Plug-In For Firefox and Netscape 11.0.03
- Adobe PDF Plug-In For Firefox and Netscape "9.5.5"
- Nitro PDF plugin for Firefox and Chrome
- BlackBerry WebSL Browser Plug-In
- IE Tab Plug-in for Mozilla/Firefox
- The plug-in allows you to open and edit files using Microsoft Office applications
- Office Authorization plug-in for NPAPI browsers
- User Agent: Mozilla/5.0 (Windows NT 6.1; WOW64; rv:17.0) Gecko/20100101 Firefox/17.0
You can install the current release Firefox 25.0.1 from mozilla.org
or You can change the channel it is on in a channel-prefs.js file while Firefox is closed.
Modified by James
doesn't work. I tried the editing of channel-prefs.js while FF is closed, then re-booted my computer ... still shows ESR. Then did the HELP/ABOUT where is shows a link to change it ... the menu comes up, I select RELEASE, then close/open FF and still hasn't changed.
Hello, you can try also full installer from the next link, http://www.mozilla.org/en-US/firefox/all/
Help > About should show on which update channel you are if it is not the release update channel.
It is best to install the full version to switch the update channel and do a clean install by removing the Firefox program folder to remove all files.