Getting 404 error, OK in internet explorer, have deleted cookies, cleared cache, permissions, the works, yet it's still doing it - for my own url!
Each time I type my own url into Firefox I get this error: "Bad Request Your browser sent a request that this server could not understand. Additionally, a 404 Not Found error was encountered while trying to use an ErrorDocument to handle the request." Yet it's OK in Internet Explorer. I've done everything suggested ie. delete cookies, change permissions, clear cache. I've even removed the website and asked my host to set up a new root, uploaded a completely different website, and I still get the error. http://www.bevmattocks.co.uk/
You can use this other antivirus for your computer
- Microsoft Safety Scanner
- MalwareBytes' Anti-Malware
- TDSSKiller - AntiRootkit Utility
- Hitman Pro
- ESET Online Scanner
Microsoft Security Essentials is a good permanent antivirus for Windows 7/Vista/XP if you don't already have one.Read this answer in context 6
Additional System Details
- Google Update
- Shockwave Flash 11.7 r700
- iTunes Detector Plug-in
- Amazon MP3 Downloader Plugin 1.0.17
- Google Updater pluginhttp://pack.google.com/
- Provides additional functionality on Facebook. See our web site for details.
- The plug-in allows you to open and edit files using Microsoft Office applications
- Office Authorization plug-in for NPAPI browsers
- The QuickTime Plugin allows you to view a wide variety of multimedia content in Web pages. For more information, visit the QuickTime Web site.
- Adobe Shockwave for Director Netscape plug-in, version 11.0
- Windows Presentation Foundation (WPF) plug-in for Mozilla browsers
- DRM Netscape Network Object
- Npdsplay dll
- DRM Store Netscape Plugin
- Adobe Acrobat Plug-In Version 7.00 for Netscape
- RealJukebox Netscape Plugin
- RealPlayer(tm) LiveConnect-Enabled Plug-In
- User Agent: Mozilla/5.0 (Windows NT 5.1; rv:24.0) Gecko/20100101 Firefox/24.0
Try to see here Firefox can't load websites but other browsers can
Thanks - I looked into it further because friends could view it on their Firefox browsers. I uninstalled Spybot and now it works OK, so Spybot seems to have been blocking it for some reason. Now to decide what to do about Spybot, as I like to have Spybot on my system for obvious reasons!