All my web pages changed color. No clue how. I want white back.
I have an Acer laptop with Windows 7. I have no idea what I might have done. I really don't do much on my laptop except go on Facebook and Gmail.
I have never tried to change the color of my web pages and home page. Everything just changed colors on me and I have absolutely no clue as to how or why. Everything used to be white, same as when I first turned on my laptop 3 years ago. Now all my backgrounds are aqua or a pale lavender, with pink borders. It is affecting other things on my laptop, like viewing photos. They have red streaks through them, and are difficult to make out. I have tried everything, but nowhere can I find where these colors can be changed. I have found where to change colors, but nothing works. I figured somewhere it would show current colors being used so you could change, but no luck.
I am very technically challenged, so a lot of these help sites have been no help for me. I would really appreciate it if anyone can tell me what happened and possibly give me a fairly simple way to rectify it.
Additional System Details
- Shockwave Flash 11.8 r800
- Google Update
- The QuickTime Plugin allows you to view a wide variety of multimedia content in Web pages. For more information, visit the QuickTime Web site.
- Next Generation Java Plug-in 10.25.2 for Mozilla browsers
- NPRuntime Script Plug-in Library for Java(TM) Deploy
- Adobe PDF Plug-In For Firefox and Netscape 11.0.03
- MindSpark Toolbar Platform Plugin Stub for 32-bit Windows
- McAfee MSS+ NPAPI Plugin
- Shockwave Flash 11.3 r300
- Yahoo Application State Plugin version 126.96.36.199
- The plug-in allows you to open and edit files using Microsoft Office applications
- User Agent: Mozilla/5.0 (Windows NT 6.1; WOW64; rv:23.0) Gecko/20100101 Firefox/23.0
Make sure that you allow pages to choose their own colors and also check the default colors in case the web page doesn't specify colors.
- Tools > Options > Content : Fonts & Colors > Colors : [X] "Allow pages to choose their own colors, instead of my selections above"
Note that these settings affect background images.
If other programs on your computer are affected, it could be that an automatic update, either from Microsoft (Windows update) or from your computer or graphics card manufacturer, has caused the problem.
This forum primarily focuses on Firefox. If you think it could be a larger issue, you might want to try a forum where they deal with Windows problems on a regular basis. Here is one to consider: http://windowssecrets.com/forums/forumdisplay.php/52-Windows-7-Forum