My printer is not printing things from the internet and Epson says its my browser. Can you help?
Out of nowhere, my printer started printing things off of the internet extremely small. The printer copies and prints things from my Microsoft Word file just fine. I called Epson and they said it was a browser problem and I have no way to contact Mozilla directly which is very frustrating. I started back to school and desperately need my printer to work. Somebody wanted to charge me $106 yesterday to fix it over the phone and I just can't afford that. Can anybody help me?
The printer reset mentioned above may already have resolved the issue, but as a follow-up in case it didn't, when you say the page is not centered, do you mean Firefox is only using a part of the page and leaving all of the rest blank? This can occur when Firefox has the wrong paper size information for your printer. Resetting the stored data for your printer usually resolves that.Read this answer in context 0
Additional System Details
- Shockwave Flash 11.8 r800
- Google Update
- MindSpark Toolbar Platform Plugin Stub for 32-bit Windows
- Adobe PDF Plug-In For Firefox and Netscape 11.0.03
- Facebook Video Calling Plugin
- RealJukebox Netscape Plugin
- RealNetworks(tm) RealPlayer Chrome Background Extension Plug-In
- RealPlayer(tm) HTML5VideoShim Plug-In
- RealPlayer(tm) LiveConnect-Enabled Plug-In
- RealPlayer Download Plugin
- TelevisionFanatic Installer Plugin Stub for 32-bit Windows
- The QuickTime Plugin allows you to view a wide variety of multimedia content in Web pages. For more information, visit the QuickTime Web site.
- Adobe Shockwave for Director Netscape plug-in, version 126.96.36.1999
- The plug-in allows you to open and edit files using Microsoft Office applications
- Office Authorization plug-in for NPAPI browsers
- User Agent: Mozilla/5.0 (Windows NT 6.1; WOW64; rv:23.0) Gecko/20100101 Firefox/23.0
Try the following:
- Make sure the page zoom level is set to 100%
- View advanced printer settings
Please report back for more help.
Don't pay anyone that amount of money to fix something over the phone. There are many volunteers here at Mozilla willing to help you fix your problem.
My page set up is at 100%. Even in the print preview its showing the items I want to print as extremely small and now the text in the extremely small print looks like DNA instead of actual words. I don't know how to check my advanced printer options. I wish it was as easy as making sure my zoom is at 100%. I even tried increasing the zoom but nothing works. Also, the pages I'm trying to print are not centered. I thought maybe it was the shrink to fit thing, but thats not it either.
Modified by lolagerl
In order to better assist you with your issue please provide us with a screenshot. If you need help to create a screenshot, please see How do I create a screenshot of my problem?
Once you've done this, attach the saved screenshot file to your forum post by clicking the Browse... button below the Post your reply box. This will help us to visualize the problem.
Please also take a screenshot of all printer settings.
Try resetting all the printer setting in Firefox,
The printer reset mentioned above may already have resolved the issue, but as a follow-up in case it didn't, when you say the page is not centered, do you mean Firefox is only using a part of the page and leaving all of the rest blank? This can occur when Firefox has the wrong paper size information for your printer. Resetting the stored data for your printer usually resolves that.
Whatever the printer problem was, it has fixed itself. Thank you.