How do I uninstall current ver of Firefox and then install ver 5
I currently have Mozilla Fire fox 18.0.1(x86en.us) and Mozilla Maintenance Service 23.0.1 in my Windows-7 x64 computer. I have new software that recommends changing the current fire fox browser to Fir Fox Ver 4 or later and the software will run better. I am thinking of ver 5. However my control panel does not let me uninstall Firefox. They do show ways how is can be done but I am not comfortable even trying them.
Surely you should be able to show me the proper way.
Additional System Details
- Shockwave Flash 11.8 r800
- Google Update
- Citrix Online App Detector Plugin
- Adobe PDF Plug-In For Firefox and Netscape 11.0.03
- NPRuntime Script Plug-in Library for Java(TM) Deploy
- McAfee MSC FF plugin DLL
- McAfee MSS+ NPAPI Plugin
- VLC media player Web Plugin 2.0.2
- ActiveTouch General Plugin Container Version 105
- The QuickTime Plugin allows you to view a wide variety of multimedia content in Web pages. For more information, visit the QuickTime Web site.
- The plug-in allows you to open and edit files using Microsoft Office applications
- Office Authorization plug-in for NPAPI browsers
- User Agent: Mozilla/5.0 (Windows NT 6.1; WOW64; rv:23.0) Gecko/20100101 Firefox/23.0
Um actually they mean Firefox 4 and Up, installing a version as old as 5 puts you at risk for exploits. Firefox 23 should work fine.