How do I get rid of Vgrabber when I open new tab?
Every time I open a new tab it opens to Vgrabber, I would like it to open to a blank tab preferably.
Additional System Details
- Conduit Plugin
- Shockwave Flash 11.7 r700
- Adobe PDF Plug-In For Firefox and Netscape 10.1.7
- Picasa plugin
- iTunes Detector Plug-in
- Windows Presentation Foundation (WPF) plug-in for Mozilla browsers
- DRM Netscape Network Object
- Npdsplay dll
- DRM Store Netscape Plugin
- User Agent: Mozilla/5.0 (Windows NT 5.1; rv:22.0) Gecko/20100101 Firefox/22.0
If you want to download videos from the web - which is evidently what Vgrabber is for - there's better behaved firefox addons to be found under Tools > Addons. Just search for Video downloaders:
And of course make Vgrabber shut up, so it does not interfere anymore.
Likely to be malware so first of all try advice in this article
If problems continue try scanning with multiple up-to-date tools.
You can try these free programs to scan for malware, which work with your existing antivirus software:
- Microsoft Safety Scanner
- MalwareBytes' Anti-Malware
- TDSSKiller - AntiRootkit Utility
- Hitman Pro
- ESET Online Scanner
Microsoft Security Essentials is a good permanent antivirus for Windows 7/Vista/XP if you don't already have one.
Further information can be found in the Troubleshoot Firefox issues caused by malware article.
Did this fix your problems? Please report back to us!
Delete a possible user.js file and use the searchreset tool.
Did you check the value of the browser.newtab.url pref on the about:config page?
If you do not keep changes after a restart or otherwise have problems with preferences, see: