I am unable to block a survey link which pops every time I open the browser. The link is: http://ezxzz.exclusive-rewards.birthrecods.com/?sov=62570201&hid=ekgok
Every time I open Firefox or any other browser, following link pops up which seems to be a fake survey. I am concerned about financial transactions I make through your browsers. I have a doubt that this malware may be collecting data. Please let me know what can be done. I have tried many firefox add ons suggested on your forum but of no avail.
Additional System Details
- Google Update
- Shockwave Flash 11.7 r700
- VLC media player Web Plugin 2.0.6
- Adobe PDF Plug-In For Firefox and Netscape 10.1.7
- Facebook Video Calling Plugin
- BlackBerry WebSL Browser Plug-In
- NPRuntime Script Plug-in Library for Java(TM) Deploy
- AppWorld NPAPI plugin
- Yahoo Application State Plugin version 188.8.131.52
- The plug-in allows you to open and edit files using Microsoft Office applications
- Office Authorization plug-in for NPAPI browsers
- User Agent: Mozilla/5.0 (Windows NT 6.1; WOW64; rv:22.0) Gecko/20100101 Firefox/22.0
Use the search reset tool and delete a possible user.js file.
If that doesnt work, try below.
This pops up over or in addition to the normal home page, or replaces your normal home page?
Since multiple browsers are affected, you may have some system-level malware, or multiple unwanted extensions.
You may want to run some supplemental scans. These three tools are highly regarded (and free):
- Malwarebytes Anti-malware : http://www.malwarebytes.org/products/malwarebytes_free
- SUPERAntiSpyware : http://www.superantispyware.com/
- AdwCleaner : http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/download/adwcleaner/ (ignore banner ads for other products)
Then disable ALL nonessential or unrecognized add-ons on these two tabs:
orange Firefox button (or Tools menu) > Add-ons > Plugins category
orange Firefox button (or Tools menu) > Add-ons > Extensions category
Exit and restart Firefox to finish that phase of the clean-up.