How do i open firefox browser in full screen mode all time on Ubuntu
I am using Ubuntu OS. I want firefox to open in full screen mode when ever i open it. I don't want to press F11 every time. When ever i open it should automatically go to full screen mode. How can i achieve it?
Additional System Details
- Google Update
- Shockwave Flash 11.7 r700
- Adobe PDF Plug-In For Firefox and Netscape 11.0.03
- Next Generation Java Plug-in 10.15.2 for Mozilla browsers
- NPRuntime Script Plug-in Library for Java(TM) Deploy
- The plug-in allows you to open and edit files using Microsoft Office applications
- Office Authorization plug-in for NPAPI browsers
- User Agent: Mozilla/5.0 (Windows NT 6.1; rv:22.0) Gecko/20100101 Firefox/22.0
Hello atul61, firefox usually should open in the last closed state, if it is in full screen mode when you close it, then when you restart it, restart in full screen mode.
see if you like : https://addons.mozilla.org/en-us/firefox/addon/FF_Fullscreen/
But there is no other way to open that in full screen mode?
can i change something in about:config so that it will work ??
This setting is stored in the localstore.rdf file in the Firefox profile folder.
You you can check this file to see if sizemode="fullscreen" appears under the browser.xul#main-window heading.
If have this section when the normal dimensions are 1024x720.
<RDF:Description RDF:about="chrome://browser/content/browser.xul#main-window" height="720" width="1024" screenX="323" screenY="90" sizemode="fullscreen" />