Minor issue regarding the address bar search behavior
I often access my favorite websites by activating the address bar (ALT+D), typing in the first letter or two of an address, pressing down arrow to select one of the suggestions from my browsing history and then hit enter. Sometimes (lag, glitch, I don't know) the down arrow key press isn't picked up so when I hit enter, it's not a valid URL. I catch this fast enough to repeat the steps and get to the web page before the loading times out and it does an internet search. However, what I see happen is that it loads the site that I was wanting, and the count-down from the first failed attempt keeps going, and then it browses away from the website I'm viewing in order to perform an internet search for the contents of the address bar at that time, performing a search for the full URL I accessed and not even the incomplete URL that had been entered when it began the count.
When a web site is browsed to (via address bar, bookmarks, etc) it should cancel any kind of automated process that the browser has to perform a search on the address bar's contents.
Additional System Details
- Shockwave Flash 11.8 r800
- Next Generation Java Plug-in 10.25.2 for Mozilla browsers
- NPRuntime Script Plug-in Library for Java(TM) Deploy
- Adobe PDF Plug-In For Firefox and Netscape 11.0.03
- IE Tab plugin
- Citrix Online App Detector Plugin
- Dll file of HP Virtual Room Client Launcher Plugin for Firefox, Chrome, and Safari
- VMware Remote Console Plug-in
- Windows Activation Technologies Plugin for Mozilla
- The plug-in allows you to open and edit files using Microsoft Office applications
- Office Authorization plug-in for NPAPI browsers
- User Agent: Mozilla/5.0 (Windows NT 6.1; WOW64; rv:22.0) Gecko/20100101 Firefox/22.0
What do you have version a Firefox...? in Me with Latest Nightly Version (Native on Windows XP x64) is works around... Maybe would be deletes Data browser in example: C:\Documents and Settings\Administrator\Application Data [XP] or Would be Download latest version... ftp://ftp.mozilla.org/pub/firefox/ (Release for 32bit: v22 [v12: for Windows 2000]/for 64bit: Nightly - win64)
This is with version 22 (x86 version running in Windows 7 x64).
Maybe disabling keyword search will help to prevent this search.
- keyword.enabled = false
I tried setting keyword.enabled to false as suggested and re-launched Firefox, but the undesired behavior still presented.
"This is with version 22 (x86 version running in Windows 7 x64)." Ah... That's latest... When if you want... You can switch to Nightly [with Native 64bit Build - "Win64"] - That's would be more helpful for Fix problems...
If the problem is already fixed, that's good. I'm not worried enough about it to use a non stable release at this point.