Firefox won't update to it's latest version for me?
Hello, I've had firefox for awhile now and I was used to the updates, but for some reason Firefox has ceased updating for me and I am stuck on version 19, I have attempted uninstalling and reinstalling which is what was suggested when I looked through for an answer.
When I do uninstall and reinstall even though it tells me its updating to the 22nd version it reverts directly back to 19. I know it is not updating because one of the websites I visit tells me if my browser is not updated to its latest version and prevents me for getting certain tasks done, when I contacted an administrator they told me Firefox was still on its 19th version on my computer. I'm not exactly sure what the problem is, any ideas?
Additional System Details
- Shockwave Flash 11.7 r700
- Google Update
- The QuickTime Plugin allows you to view a wide variety of multimedia content in Web pages. For more information, visit the QuickTime Web site.
- iTunes Detector Plug-in
- Pando Web Plugin
- Adobe Shockwave for Director Netscape plug-in, version 184.108.40.2066
- NPRuntime Script Plug-in Library for Java(TM) Deploy
- Best Buy pc app Detector Plug-in
- Adobe PDF Plug-In For Firefox and Netscape "9.4.0"
- The plug-in allows you to open and edit files using Microsoft Office applications
- User Agent: Mozilla/5.0 (Windows NT 6.1; WOW64; rv:11.0) Gecko/20100101 Firefox/11.0 BLNGBAR
Certain Firefox problems can be solved by performing a Clean reinstall. This means you remove Firefox program files and then reinstall Firefox
Hello moonlightvegas, your user agent that is corrupted by BLNGBAR and that identifies you as Firefox/11.0
Please see this support article.
download the latest version and install it.