Turn on menu bar automatically
I'm doing mass rollouts of Firefox, so I'm trying to do everything either from a command line or programatically so I have the same setup for each install regardless of the person that did the install.
I want to have the Menu bar turned on by default, and although I see how to turn it on manually, there must be some way to turn it on as part of the install which I'm missing. How would I do this?
Additional System Details
- Next Generation Java Plug-in 10.21.2 for Mozilla browsers
- NPRuntime Script Plug-in Library for Java(TM) Deploy
- Shockwave Flash 11.7 r700
- VLC media player Web Plugin 2.0.6
- Google Talk Plugin Video Accelerator version:0.1.44.29
- Version 18.104.22.16825
- Google Update
- Roblox Launcher Plugin
- Foxit Reader Plug-In For Firefox and Netscape
- ActiveTouch General Plugin Container Version 105
- Unity Player 3.5.2f2
- Adobe Shockwave for Director Netscape plug-in, version 22.214.171.1244
- Adobe PDF Plug-In For Firefox and Netscape 10.1.0
- The QuickTime Plugin allows you to view a wide variety of multimedia content in Web pages. For more information, visit the QuickTime Web site.
- The plug-in allows you to open and edit files using Microsoft Office applications
- RealPlayer(tm) LiveConnect-Enabled Plug-In
- Office Authorization plug-in for NPAPI browsers
- Windows Presentation Foundation (WPF) plug-in for Mozilla browsers
- DRM Netscape Network Object
- Npdsplay dll
- DRM Store Netscape Plugin
- Package Installer & Install Conduit
- Windows Multimedia Services DRM Store Plug-In
- User Agent: Mozilla/5.0 (Windows NT 5.1; rv:21.0) Gecko/20100101 Firefox/21.0
Toolbar customizations are stored in the localstore.rdf file in the individual user's profile. However, someone might know of another way (other than bundling in a modified localstore.rdf file) to trigger that change.
Is there a way to programmatic-ally change the localstore.rdf?
I'm I right in thinking that the line
<RDF:Description RDF:about="chrome://browser/content/browser.xul#toolbar-menubar" autohide="false" />
Is the one I need to change?
Modified by cor-el
I think you are correct, when I show/hide the menu bar, the autohide parameter is what is changed.
I think the menu bar state is set dynamically either during install or first start up, because (at least around the time of Firefox 4) Windows XP gets the menu bar while Windows Vista and later get the orange Firefox button.
Not sure how best to override that. An extension??