Can I move the tab toolbar in Firefox 21.0 to a different position?
Windows XP Home SP3.
Until I upgraded to Firefox 21.0, my tab bar was just above the window with the other tool bars above the tab bar.
Now the tab bar appears at a different level. How can I reset it as the very lowest toolbar, the one closest to the window?
The present order of my tool bars, top to bottom, is: 1. menu tool bar; 2. tabs tool bar; 3. address tool bar; 4. bookmarks tool bar.
I want the order to be: 1. menu tool bar; 2. address tool bar; 3. bookmarks tool bar; 4. tabs tool bar.
Modified by Steve
Right click and create a new Boolean that is FALSE and includes browser.tabs.onTopRead this answer in context 4
Additional System Details
- Shockwave Flash 11.7 r700
- Next Generation Java Plug-in 10.21.2 for Mozilla browsers
- Adobe Shockwave for Director Netscape plug-in, version 188.8.131.52
- RealPlayer(tm) LiveConnect-Enabled Plug-In
- RealPlayer Download Plugin
- The QuickTime Plugin allows you to view a wide variety of multimedia content in Web pages. For more information, visit the QuickTime Web site.
- Foxit PhantomPDF Plug-In For Firefox and Netscape
- RealNetworks(tm) RealDownloader Chrome Background Extension Plug-In
- RealNetworks(tm) RealDownloader PepperFlashVideoShim Plug-In
- RealNetworks(tm) RealDownloader HTML5VideoShim Plug-In
- RealDownloader Plugin
- Windows Presentation Foundation (WPF) plug-in for Mozilla browsers
- DRM Netscape Network Object
- Npdsplay dll
- DRM Store Netscape Plugin
- User Agent: Mozilla/5.0 (Windows NT 5.1; rv:21.0) Gecko/20100101 Firefox/21.0
Does the technique in this article still work? How do I put tabs back on bottom like they used to be?
Current Firefox versions only show the "Tabs on Top" menu entry in the "View > Toolbars" and "Firefox > Options" menu and in toolbar context menus if the tabs aren't in the default position on top.
If the tabs are on top and the menu entry isn't available and you want to move the tabs below the navigation toolbar then you need to toggle the browser.tabs.onTop pref to false on the about:config page.
A Firefox restart is necessary to update the menu entry to either show or remove it.
What do you mean: "need to toggle the browser.tabs.onTop pref to false on the about:config page." Makes no sense.
Hi pswill, the steps to use the about:config preferences editor are spelled out in more detail in the article I linked to in the first reply above.
I tried to follow your suggestion but there is no listing for browser.tabs.onTop
Right click and create a new Boolean that is FALSE and includes browser.tabs.onTop
Thanks! That solved the problem.