bookmark and show all history functions not working
After upgrading to FF20 the Bookmarks function button is not working. Star/bookmark this page/import from profiles list don't work. Can see previous bookmark lists in Profile but restore doesn't work. Also when opening history I get the short list but "show all history" brings up same blank library page every time.
Hi Jay Creating a new profile worked, took me about two minutes. Thanks very much. Importing the old bookmarks took a little longer, lots of cutting and pasting, but I am there now. Thanks again Valleyman100Read this answer in context 0
Additional System Details
- Shockwave Flash 11.7 r700
- Next Generation Java Plug-in 10.21.2 for Mozilla browsers
- NPRuntime Script Plug-in Library for Java(TM) Deploy
- Google Update
- VLC media player Web Plugin 2.0.6
- Adobe PDF Plug-In For Firefox and Netscape 11.0.02
- BlackBerry WebSL Browser Plug-In
- SafeNet's Identrus Plugin Interface
- Windows Presentation Foundation (WPF) plug-in for Mozilla browsers
- DRM Netscape Network Object
- Npdsplay dll
- DRM Store Netscape Plugin
- User Agent: Mozilla/5.0 (Windows NT 5.1; rv:21.0) Gecko/20100101 Firefox/21.0
Start Firefox in Safe Mode to check if one of the extensions (Firefox/Tools > Add-ons > Extensions) or if hardware acceleration is causing the problem (switch to the DEFAULT theme: Firefox/Tools > Add-ons > Appearance).
To Enable SafeMode
- You can open Firefox 4.0+ in Safe Mode by holding the Shift key when you open the Firefox desktop or Start menu shortcut.
- Or open the Help menu and click on the Restart with Add-ons Disabled... menu item while Firefox is running.
- Once you get the pop-up, just select "'Start in Safe Mode"
If it works in Safe Mode and in normal mode with all extensions (Tools > Add-ons > Extensions) disabled then try to find which extension is causing it by enabling one extension at a time until the problem reappears.
Close and restart Firefox after each change via "Firefox > Exit" (Windows: Firefox/File > Exit; Mac: "Firefox > Quit Firefox"; Linux: "Firefox/File > Quit")
Hi Jay Thanks for reply. Followed your advice and in Safe Mode disabled the sole add-on plus ten plugins. Unfortunately still have the same problem
Create a new profile as a test to check if your current profile is causing the problems. See "Creating a profile":
Profile Backup and Restore
Hi Jay Creating a new profile worked, took me about two minutes. Thanks very much. Importing the old bookmarks took a little longer, lots of cutting and pasting, but I am there now. Thanks again Valleyman100
Thanks for your response. Seems like creating a whole new profile did the trick, the sqlite file was part of the replacement profile
Deleting the places.sqlite file(s) should normally fix issues like this.
Note that you can restore the bookmarks from a JSON backup in the bookmarkbackups folder.
Firefox also uses the most recent JSON backup in the bookmarkbackups folder to rebuild the places.sqlite database file if you delete this file.