Remember passwrds for sites will not stay checked . . . when I close Firefox and reopen, the box is unchecked. How can I keep it stay checked ?
passwords for sites are stored but does not remain 'active'; I must go to options/security and check the box to remember passwords at each session of Firefox. Didn't used to be this way. Apparently one of your recent 'upgrades' has downgraded this feature for me. How can I persuade it to save this setting?
Additional System Details
- Shockwave Flash 11.7 r700
- iTunes Detector Plug-in
- Adobe PDF Plug-In For Firefox and Netscape 10.1.6
- Google Update
- Picasa plugin
- ActiveTouch General Plugin Container Version 105
- Musicnotes Viewer plugin 1.19.0 For more information visit www.musicnotes.com
- AmazonMP3DownloaderPlugin 1.0.15
- NPRuntime Script Plug-in Library for Java(TM) Deploy
- User Agent: Mozilla/5.0 (Windows NT 6.1; rv:20.0) Gecko/20100101 Firefox/20.0
See the following article.
The reset solved the problem, but it also disabled the Norton Security add-ons. When I enabled the Norton add-ons, the password saving problem reappeared. So I think the problem is the interaction of Firefox and the Norton security, which also has a password saving feature. Up until recently, there was not a problem with this interaction, but either Firefox or Norton has changed something that prevents the cooperation. So the cause of the problem has been identified but not really solved.
Please try Norton support for help with that issue.