After doing the latest Firefox update I lost my ability to use a Burmese font in the Zawgyi-one text editor 1.5.5. Why did this happen and how do I fix it?
After doing the latest Firefox update I lost my ability to use a Burmese font in the Zawgyi-one text editor 1.5.5. Why did this happen and how do I fix it
Additional System Details
- Displays Java applet content, or a placeholder if Java is not installed.
- Version 18.104.22.16831
- Google Talk Plugin Video Accelerator version:0.1.44.24
- The QuickTime Plugin allows you to view a wide variety of multimedia content in web pages. For more information, visit the QuickTime Web site.
- Shockwave Flash 11.6 r602
- Adobe® Acrobat® Plug-in for Web Browsers, Version 11.0.02
- Office Live Update v1.0
- Picasa plugin.
- Simplifies the uploading of photo files.
- User Agent: Mozilla/5.0 (Macintosh; Intel Mac OS X 10.8; rv:20.0) Gecko/20100101 Firefox/20.0
Try Firefox Safe Mode to see if the problem goes away. Safe Mode is a troubleshooting mode, which disables most add-ons.
(If you're not using it, switch to the Default theme.)
- You can open Firefox 4.0+ in Safe Mode by holding the Shift key when you open the Firefox desktop or Start menu shortcut.
- Or open the Help menu and click on the Restart with Add-ons Disabled... menu item while Firefox is running.
Once you get the pop-up, just select "'Start in Safe Mode"
If the issue is not present in Firefox Safe Mode, your problem is probably caused by an extension, and you need to figure out which one. Please follow the Troubleshoot extensions, themes and hardware acceleration issues to solve common Firefox problems article for that.
To exit the Firefox Safe Mode, just close Firefox and wait a few seconds before opening Firefox for normal use again.
When you figure out what's causing your issues, please let us know. It might help other users who have the same problem.
Similar issue reported earlier this month. I'm not sure whether it was solved or not. Why are Unicode Characters not displaying properly anymore ?
I am the one who asked the question about the Burmese font disappearing when I upgraded Firefox. I finally solved it by trashing the latest version of Firefox and reinstalling the previous version. It resolved the issue.