Why do my tabs open up as the Amazon website instead of the Firefox start page?
Hi all, As of this morning my Firefox tabs have all started opening up as Amazon's front page rather than the usual "most viewed sites" page that normally comes up. I have checked the extensions and add-ons areas on Firefox and found nothing, I have changed the homepage settings through my internet options and through firefox and not had any luck. I have also run Spybot, AVG and removed any unrecognised programs from my control panel add/remove list still with no luck. I did have an issue a long time ago with the "incredibar" toolbar but that had been removed a few months ago and everything had been fine since. Upon advice from reading another question I removed the user.js file and cleared the cache etc, upon restarting Firefox sadly it is still doing the same. Any ideas?
hello, try to install the search reset addon - it will also revert the new tab page in firefox back to the default: https://addons.mozilla.org/firefox/addon/searchreset/Read this answer in context 10
Additional System Details
- Shockwave Flash 11.6 r602
- Next Generation Java Plug-in 10.17.2 for Mozilla browsers
- NPRuntime Script Plug-in Library for Java(TM) Deploy
- Amazon MP3 Downloader Plugin 1.0.17
- Google Update
- Adobe Shockwave for Director Netscape plug-in, version 184.108.40.2068
- The QuickTime Plugin allows you to view a wide variety of multimedia content in Web pages. For more information, visit the QuickTime Web site.
- RealJukebox Netscape Plugin
- RealNetworks(tm) RealPlayer Chrome Background Extension Plug-In
- RealPlayer(tm) HTML5VideoShim Plug-In
- RealPlayer(tm) LiveConnect-Enabled Plug-In
- Logitech Device Detection
- DivX Plus Web Player version 220.127.116.11
- iTunes Detector Plug-in
- BlackBerry WebSL Browser Plug-In
- DivX VOD Helper Plug-in
- Windows Presentation Foundation (WPF) plug-in for Mozilla browsers
- DRM Netscape Network Object
- Npdsplay dll
- DRM Store Netscape Plugin
- User Agent: Mozilla/5.0 (Windows NT 5.1; rv:20.0) Gecko/20100101 Firefox/20.0
hello, try to install the search reset addon - it will also revert the new tab page in firefox back to the default: https://addons.mozilla.org/firefox/addon/searchreset/
Wow thankyou, that has worked perfectly!