Plugin Checker...PROBLEMS AGAIN!
So, like anyone that wishes to keep their browser running as smoothly as possible, I check the Firefox plugin checker daily to see if there are any plugins and add-ons that need an update. For this round, I needed an update on Adobe Flash, and "Shockwave for Director". So I updated both.
Here is the problem- Flash updated, and is showing in the Plugin checker as up to date. However, I also updated Shockwave. Shockwave downloaded without an issue, the Shockwave site's tester states that I'm good to go, and the version on my programs list matches the one on the current download. But...when I go to the plugin checker, it still says that the Shockwave version I have is outdated. So...what gives?
Additional System Details
- Shockwave Flash 11.7 r700
- Adobe Shockwave for Director Netscape plug-in, version 18.104.22.168
- Next Generation Java Plug-in 10.17.2 for Mozilla browsers
- NPRuntime Script Plug-in Library for Java(TM) Deploy
- iTunes Detector Plug-in
- Adobe PDF Plug-In For Firefox and Netscape 10.1.6
- Google Update
- The QuickTime Plugin allows you to view a wide variety of multimedia content in Web pages. For more information, visit the QuickTime Web site.
- DivX Plus Web Player version 22.214.171.124
- DivX VOD Helper Plug-in
- Unity Player 3.3.0f4
- The plug-in allows you to open and edit files using Microsoft Office applications
- Office Authorization plug-in for NPAPI browsers
- Windows Presentation Foundation (WPF) plug-in for Mozilla browsers
- User Agent: Mozilla/5.0 (Windows NT 6.0; WOW64; rv:20.0) Gecko/20100101 Firefox/20.0
I must also add that it still shows that status even after restarting both my browser and my computer.
This seems to be caused by checking against a wrong version string on the plugin check page.
If you have the latest version from the Adobe website then you can ignore this problem with the plugin check website.
Latest Adobe Flash and Shockwave for Director installers and uninstallers can be found here:
Modified by cor-el