how do I stop pop-up adverts continually appearing?
I am continually getting adds popping up on the right side and at the bottom of the screen, thwere does not seem to be any way to block them or unsubscribe
Additional System Details
- Shockwave Flash 11.6 r602
- The QuickTime Plugin allows you to view a wide variety of multimedia content in Web pages. For more information, visit the QuickTime Web site.
- iTunes Detector Plug-in
- Google Update
- RealPlayer(tm) LiveConnect-Enabled Plug-In
- RealPlayer Download Plugin
- Adobe PDF Plug-In For Firefox and Netscape 11.0.01
- VLC media player Web Plugin 2.0.2
- RealNetworks(tm) RealDownloader Chrome Background Extension Plug-In
- RealNetworks(tm) RealDownloader PepperFlashVideoShim Plug-In
- RealNetworks(tm) RealDownloader HTML5VideoShim Plug-In
- RealDownloader Plugin
- Coupons, Inc. Coupon Printer Plugin
- Coupons, Inc. Coupon Printer DLL
- Picasa plugin
- Motive Plugin for Mozilla Browsers
- User Agent: Mozilla/5.0 (Windows NT 6.1; WOW64; rv:14.0) Gecko/20100101 Firefox/14.0.1
hello rob, this may be an issue with adware on your pc. please go to firefox > addons > extensions & remove any suspicious entries (toolbars, things that you have not installed intentionally, don't know what purpose they serve, etc). also go to the windows control panel / programs and remove all toolbars or potentially unwanted software from there and run a full scan of your system with the security software that you have in place and different other tools like the free version of malwarebytes & adwcleaner.
I began to have this problem only recently. I finally left-clicked on the pop-up in the lower right corner and then discovered the pop-up was from Adobe flash player, not mozilla/firefox. Just click the appropriate box to tell Adobe you don't want any search history saved.
The above fix only solved part of the problem. I uninstalled Adobe Flash and also found a program, "Top Arcade Hits", and uninstalled it too. Of course I'll have to reinstall Adobe Flash and hope the other program doesn't tag along with it!
Please update to the current Firefox 23 release.
- Help > About Firefox
The Firefox 14 version that you currently run is no longer supported with security updates.
- It is important to update Firefox and add-ons to the latest version to get all security fixes.
Already have Firefox 23 installed.
Top Arcade Hits actually have an uninstaller that works I believe.
- see long thread /questions/960863?page=3 where users confirm the uninstaller works.
it is also possible to unuinstall with registry hacks IIRC, but that is something best avoided. It is globally installed and I believe affects other browsers not just Firefox.
Pleas take care installing software.
- Try to read reviews on the software and the download site
- Carefully review and probably reject any additional software bundled as extras
Next time it could be aggressive malware that is acquired.