Drop down box does not stay, cannot choose option from list as before.
When I click the down arrow sign from the address bar, it no longer display a list of web sites I previously visited in a drop down box. Instead i just saw a quick blink of the drop down lists and disappeared. It just won't stay for you to scroll and choose your option. The same problem happens to all web sites I visited where a drop down box is activated. This problem happens September last year. I have no clue what cause Firefox suddenly behaves like this. Please help!
Thank you ,
Additional System Details
- Shockwave Flash 11.6 r602
- Google Update
- Next Generation Java Plug-in 1.6.0_35 for Mozilla browsers
- NPRuntime Script Plug-in Library for Java(TM) Deploy
- Adobe PDF Plug-In For Firefox and Netscape "9.4.5"
- RealPlayer(tm) LiveConnect-Enabled Plug-In
- Office Plugin for Netscape Navigator
- User Agent: Mozilla/5.0 (Windows NT 6.1; rv:19.0) Gecko/20100101 Firefox/19.0
Try to disable hardware acceleration in Firefox.
- Tools > Options > Advanced > General > Browsing: "Use hardware acceleration when available"
The problem still exists after disable hardware acceleration in Firefox as advised. Whenever I try to click a drop down box, I saw a quick blink of the drop down list. It goes away so quickly that I am not able to stop it. It simply would not stop and wait for you to click one of the options in the list.
This means I cannot use Firefox for Internet banking/purchase etc. Because every time it prompts for a country, the drop down list won't wait for me.
This problem does not exist when I choose to use Internet Explorer as my browser. Why?