How do I upgrade to the latest version of Firefox if my system does not support it?
I tried to sign onto my Hotmail email account which I managed to do successfully. However, upon logging in a message came up asking me to upgrade my Firefox to the latest version. I clicked this option but the Firefox upgrade screen said my system does not support this Firefox upgrade. What am I to do? If I do not upgrade Firefox my Hotmail email account will not have all the necessary features needed to email someone
can't update because you have 10.4 mac(the latest firefox for 10.4 is 3.6.28)Read this answer in context 7
Additional System Details
- Displays PDF documents in the browser.
- Runs Java applets using the latest installed versions of Java. For more information: Java Embedding Plugin. Run version test: Java Information.
- Gecko default plugin
- Amazon MP3 Downloader Plugin 1.0.17
- RealPlayer Plugin
- Shockwave Flash 10.3 r183
- The QuickTime Plugin allows you to view a wide variety of multimedia content in web pages. For more information, visit the QuickTime Web site.
- Juniper Networks Safari Extensions
- Office Live Update v1.0
- The Flip4Mac WMV Plugin allows you to view Windows Media content using QuickTime.
- User Agent: Mozilla/5.0 (Macintosh; U; Intel Mac OS X 10.4; en-US; rv:22.214.171.124) Gecko/20090824 Firefox/3.5.3
can't update because you have 10.4 mac(the latest firefox for 10.4 is 3.6.28)
Modified by Jan.
Firefox 4 and later require a Mac with an Intel processor and OS X 10.6 (Firefox 16 runs on OS X 10.5).
So best would be to update to OS X 10.6.8