Random web pages redirecting to linkbucks.com- PLEASE HELP!
Please help me resolve this, it is driving me mad!
I've got this strange redirect Issie. I'm running Mac OSX 10.6.8 with Firebox 19.
When I click a link on random sites it redirects me to an irrelevant URL + advertising: linkbucks.com... [followed by the adress of the intenended site]
This occurs when leaving the page you are on (e.g. changing page a site). It happens on any site and appears to be random.
Is this a virus/trojan? Or an attack on the browser? How can I get rid of it?
Thank you very much.
Additional System Details
- Shockwave Flash 11.6 r602
- Displays Java applet content, or a placeholder if Java is not installed.
- The QuickTime Plugin allows you to view a wide variety of multimedia content in web pages. For more information, visit the QuickTime Web site.
- The Google Earth Plugin allows you to view 3D imagery and terrain in your web browser.
- Microsoft Office for Mac SharePoint Browser Plug-in
- RealPlayer Plugin
- User Agent: Mozilla/5.0 (Macintosh; Intel Mac OS X 10.6; rv:19.0) Gecko/20100101 Firefox/19.0
If this is on single site, this is legitimate way for the site owner to make money and you can not do anything. If it is on multiple sites, you got problem on your PC This is a sign of clickjacker infections. It happened on Macs in the past, but it might happen again. 2 options : 1. Reset Firefox preferences to troubleshoot and fix problems Reset Firefox 2. Scan with antivirus for Mac (there are couple free).