Why should I allow ajax.googleapis.com access to my computer?
Additional System Details
- Shockwave Flash 11.6 r602
- Displays Java applet content, or a placeholder if Java is not installed.
- Plugin that detects installed Citrix Online products (visit www.citrixonline.com).
- The QuickTime Plugin allows you to view a wide variety of multimedia content in web pages. For more information, visit the QuickTime Web site.
- Plug-in used by DNSSEC Validator extension
- The Google Earth Plugin allows you to view 3D imagery and terrain in your web browser.
- RealPlayer Plugin
- The Flip4Mac WMV Plugin allows you to view Windows Media content using QuickTime.
- User Agent: Mozilla/5.0 (Macintosh; Intel Mac OS X 10.6; rv:19.0) Gecko/20100101 Firefox/19.0
This seems to explain why someone would want this if they were designing a website. My question is why do I want to allow someone I don't know to have access to my computer if they will not tell me what they are going to do on it? Clearly, I did not allow them access last week and I was able to go where I want. Today the only site I can see blocking me is this ajax thing.