Why don't I get google results when typing keyword into the location bar?
When typing keywords into the location bar, instead of taking me to Google I get a "problem loading page the connection was reset" error. And the domain it automatically takes me to is domainnotfound.Internetserviceprovider.net. Is there any way that if I don't type in a full url and just press enter it will give me the google results for those keywords? thank you for the assistance
Modified by neversleeps
Additional System Details
- Shockwave Flash 11.6 r602
- The QuickTime Plugin allows you to view a wide variety of multimedia content in web pages. For more information, visit the QuickTime Web site.
- Microsoft Office for Mac SharePoint Browser Plug-in
- Displays Java applet content, or a placeholder if Java is not installed.
- User Agent: Mozilla/5.0 (Macintosh; Intel Mac OS X 10.8; rv:19.0) Gecko/20100101 Firefox/19.0
Sounds that your ISP is detecting whether a DNS look up fails in redirect you to that optimum.net url.
In such a case you need to contact your ISP and ask them for alternative DNS servers that do not redirect you or you can set other DNS servers yourself.