Why is there no "Show All Bookmarks" in my Bookmarks menu in Firefox 3.6.28--AS YOU SAID in how to export to Bookmarks.html??
I followed instructions on how to export my Firefox bookmarks to a Bookmarks.html, BUT there is no Show All Bookmarks in my Bookmarks menu. I don't get it. I have Firefox 3.6.28, which is the latest I can install on my PowerPC OS 10.4.11 Mac. Thank you. I'm stuck without my Firefox bookmarks on my new iMac OS 10.8.
The name might have been different in 3.6.28. Do you have anything on the Bookmarks menu which refers to organizing bookmarks? You also could try the shortcut key combination Cmd+Shift+b to see whether that works.Read this answer in context 2
Additional System Details
- Gecko default plugin
- Runs Java applets using the latest installed versions of Java. For more information: Java Embedding Plugin. Run version test: Java Information.
- Java 1.3.1 Plug-in
- Netscape plug-in that plays Rhapsody content
- Yahoo! Installer Plug-in provides application installation support
- Adobe Shockwave for Director Netscape plug-in, version 11.0.0
- Office Live Update v1.0
- RealPlayer Plugin
- The Flip4Mac WMV Plugin allows you to view Windows Media content using QuickTime.
- The QuickTime Plugin allows you to view a wide variety of multimedia content in web pages. For more information, visit the QuickTime Web site.
- Shockwave Flash 10.1 r102
- User Agent: Mozilla/5.0 (Macintosh; U; PPC Mac OS X 10.4; en-US; rv:188.8.131.52) Gecko/20120306 Firefox/3.6.28 GTB7.1
The name might have been different in 3.6.28. Do you have anything on the Bookmarks menu which refers to organizing bookmarks? You also could try the shortcut key combination Cmd+Shift+b to see whether that works.
In Firefox 3.6.x it is named "Organize Bookmarks"
- Bookmarks > Organize Bookmarks > Import & Backup > Export HTML
Firefox 4 and later require a Mac with an Intel processor and OS X 10.6 (Firefox 16 runs on OS X 10.5).
For an unofficial Firefox 17.0.3 ESR compatible version (TenFourFox) that runs on PowerPC Macs with OS X 10.4.11 or OS X 10.5.8 you can look at:
Modified by cor-el
Thanks, Man! I do have Organize Bookmarks, and screwing-around with some icons beneath the menu, I found one that allowed me to export. This is great, I really appreciate it.