How can I stop from getting the "Firefox is already running" error message when trying to open links and FF has already been opened through a symbolic link?
I use symbolic links and program shortcuts as a way to easily open different Firefox profiles ie. one for casual/personal use and another for work. This works well, but I get the "Firefox is already running, but is not responding" error message if I try to open external links with FF as my default browser. FF is actually open and running fine, but I guess it doesn't acknowledge this fact because of how I'm originally starting the process.
I wasn't able to add the symbolically linked executables to the default program pane. Is there a way to bypass this error or other way to fix this?
The solution to the question linked below is what I'm using to open the different FF profiles.
Additional System Details
- Next Generation Java Plug-in 10.15.2 for Mozilla browsers
- NPRuntime Script Plug-in Library for Java(TM) Deploy
- Shockwave Flash 11.6 r602
- Google Update
- NVIDIA 3D Vision plugin for Mozilla browsers
- NVIDIA 3D Vision Streaming plugin for Mozilla browsers
- IE Tab 2 Plug-in for Mozilla/Firefox
- VLC media player Web Plugin 2.0.2
- Adobe Shockwave for Director Netscape plug-in, version 22.214.171.1248
- Intel web components for Intel® Identity Protection Technology
- Intel web components updater - Installs and updates the Intel web components
- User Agent: Mozilla/5.0 (Windows NT 6.2; WOW64; rv:19.0) Gecko/20100101 Firefox/19.0
hello, this is probably happening when you run the default profile with the -no-remote switch. http://kb.mozillazine.org/Profile_in_use
That did it. Thanks.