I have had to go to safari because firefox won't engage the linkls when clicked. Any suggestions. Just started doing this.
Recently, when I click on a link I get a blank page and the link won't engage. When I click on a link on facebook for an article, the article appears for several seconds then disappears to leave a list of article but I can't keep the article open long enough to read. I switched to Safari and everything works with Safari. So let me know what needs to be done to get the firefox back up and functioning.
Additional System Details
- Shockwave Flash 11.5 r502
- Office Live Update v1.0
- The QuickTime Plugin allows you to view a wide variety of multimedia content in web pages. For more information, visit the QuickTime Web site.
- Amazon MP3 Downloader Plugin 1.0.17
- Displays Java applet content, or a placeholder if Java is not installed.
- The Flip4Mac WMV Plugin allows you to view Windows Media content using QuickTime.
- Simple plug-in that handles Citrix connection files
- The Google Earth Plugin allows you to view 3D imagery and terrain in your web browser.
- DivX Web Player version 184.108.40.206
- User Agent: Mozilla/5.0 (Macintosh; Intel Mac OS X 10.7; rv:19.0) Gecko/20100101 Firefox/19.0
Start Firefox in Safe Mode to check if one of the extensions (Firefox/Tools > Add-ons > Extensions) or if hardware acceleration is causing the problem (switch to the DEFAULT theme: Firefox/Tools > Add-ons > Appearance).
- Do NOT click the Reset button on the Safe mode start window or otherwise make changes.