Why when I bookmark a page it doesn't stay saved
I bookmark a page. It stays while I'm still working on the computer, but after I,m done and computer goes into sleep mode and then I return it doesn't show up where I saved it. and it doesn't show up in the recently bookmark menu.
Additional System Details
- Next Generation Java Plug-in 10.15.2 for Mozilla browsers
- NPRuntime Script Plug-in Library for Java(TM) Deploy
- iTunes Detector Plug-in
- Google Update
- Adobe PDF Plug-In For Firefox and Netscape 10.1.6
- Shockwave Flash 11.6 r602
- The QuickTime Plugin allows you to view a wide variety of multimedia content in Web pages. For more information, visit the QuickTime Web site.
- Adobe Shockwave for Director Netscape plug-in, version 126.96.36.1995
- Windows Presentation Foundation (WPF) plug-in for Mozilla browsers
- DRM Netscape Network Object
- Npdsplay dll
- DRM Store Netscape Plugin
- Office Plugin for Netscape Navigator
- User Agent: Mozilla/5.0 (Windows NT 5.1; rv:19.0) Gecko/20100101 Firefox/19.0
this can be a problem with the file places.sqlite that stores the bookmarks and the history.
Check this: Bookmarks not saved
But also this might be of some help: Can't add, change or save bookmarks - How to fix
Additionally, check this article: Preferences not saved
Hope that helped you! Please report back!
You can check for problems with the places.sqlite database file in the Firefox Profile Folder.
Does the new bookmark stay if you do a backup of the bookmarks? I found it a good idea to save a backup copy of the bookmarks outside of the profile just in case something happens to the profile.