Search engines disappeared from Search bar
You know you have a search bar on the top left of FireFox there it nomally has Yahoo, Google, etc that you can select when searching for something. Well they dissappeared niether Yahoo Search or Google Search is there I didn't remove them they disappeared. I am running firefox 18. I don't know how to get them back when I click get more search engines there is no Yahoo or Google Search addon for the FireFox search bar. Please Help.
Additional System Details
- Google Update
- Shockwave Flash 11.5 r502
- RealPlayer(tm) LiveConnect-Enabled Plug-In
- RealPlayer Download Plugin
- RealNetworks(tm) RealDownloader Chrome Background Extension Plug-In
- RealNetworks(tm) RealDownloader PepperFlashVideoShim Plug-In
- RealNetworks(tm) RealDownloader HTML5VideoShim Plug-In
- RealDownloader Plugin
- Adobe Shockwave for Director Netscape plug-in, version 184.108.40.2068
- NPRuntime Script Plug-in Library for Java(TM) Deploy
- Next Generation Java Plug-in 10.5.1 for Mozilla browsers
- DivX VOD Helper Plug-in
- Windows Presentation Foundation (WPF) plug-in for Mozilla browsers
- DRM Netscape Network Object
- Npdsplay dll
- DRM Store Netscape Plugin
- The QuickTime Plugin allows you to view a wide variety of multimedia content in Web pages. For more information, visit the QuickTime Web site.
- Package Installer & Install Conduit
- User Agent: Mozilla/5.0 (Windows NT 5.1; rv:18.0) Gecko/20100101 Firefox/18.0
Hello graydog, if you click Restore Defaults did that action recover the default search engines ?
You can check if you still have the XML files of the default search engines in the searchplugins folder in the Firefox program folder.
If not then you need to reinstall Firefox.
Google says the the Google toolbar is no longer available for Firefox, only Chrome and IE. What happened to me, is the Google toolbar was replaced with the sweetpea toolbar. Maybe this is a browser war, to give Chrome an advantage over Firefox.
The Sweetpea search bar It has the same capablity as the google search bar. I can select google search and disable the others. However, even though I disabled Bing search, it causes a very unfriendly Bing page to display when I create a new tab.