Cookies do not delete in Firefox on Mac -- bug in Firefox 18.0.2?
I have not been able to remove specific cookies for a week or so via Preferences > Remove individual cookies
The cookies seem to be cleared, but next time I look in Preferences, they're there again.
I have deleted cookies.sqlite and similar files. I have cleared cache and cookies, shut down and restarted both my Mac and Firefox.
The cookies keep coming back.
Firefox recently updated itself to 18.0.2
Additional System Details
- Shockwave Flash 11.5 r502
- Version 220.127.116.1192
- Google Talk Plugin Video Accelerator version:0.1.44.23
- The QuickTime Plugin allows you to view a wide variety of multimedia content in web pages. For more information, visit the QuickTime Web site.
- Coupons Inc., Coupon Printing FireFox Plugin
- User Agent: Mozilla/5.0 (Macintosh; Intel Mac OS X 10.6; rv:18.0) Gecko/20100101 Firefox/18.0
create a New Profile as a test to check if your current profile is causing the problems. These articles may help you:
- Profiles - Where Firefox stores your bookmarks, passwords and other user data
- Use the Profile Manager to create and remove Firefox profiles
If the new profile works then you can recover your Bookmarks and Passwords from the old profile:
Did this help you?
You may have installed an extension like TACO (Abine) or Do Not Track Plus that maintains a set of OPT-OUT cookies if you can't remove some cookies permanently.
In that case you need to uninstall the extension to remove those opt-out cookies.
- Do Not Track Plus: https://addons.mozilla.org/firefox/addon/donottrackplus/
Thanks for the suggestion. I've got DoNotTrackMe installed, BUT deleting cookies has been working with DoNotTrackMe installed -- until recently.
You should be able to delete regular cookies, only the opt-out cookies added by the extension are permanent and can't be deleted.
No, I cannot delete regular cookies.
If clearing cookies doesn't work then it is possible that the cookies.sqlite file that stores the cookies is corrupted.
Rename (or delete) cookies.sqlite (cookies.sqlite.old) and delete other present cookie files like cookies.sqlite-journal in the Firefox Profile Folder in case the file cookies.sqlite got corrupted.
Did you try to disable all extensions to see if that helps?
See my initial post. I followed the instructions here a couple of times https://support.mozilla.org/en-US/questions/919470