The Home Page is set to Google.com, but when I hit a new tab, it takes me to the accuweather search bar, how do I change it to Google.com as well?
I recently wanted to get the Accuweather.com toolbar on my computer, so I could always know the weather and what not. After doing this, It changed my homepage to an accuweather search engine, powered by bing.com, which I can't stand. So, I went into the tools, in the options, clicked on general, and changed my homepage back to google.com. When I open a new page, it takes me to google, but, whenever i hit the tab button, it goes to the accuweather search engine. How can I change the tab settings to either go to google.com or have the general tab window with the list of sites I visit most often?
I didn't have some of the information that was supposed to be edited, something called user.js or something like that.Read this answer in context 1
Additional System Details
- Shockwave Flash 11.6 r602
- Conduit Plugin
- Next Generation Java Plug-in 10.13.2 for Mozilla browsers
- NPRuntime Script Plug-in Library for Java(TM) Deploy
- Google Talk Plugin Video Accelerator version:0.1.44.23
- Version 22.214.171.12492
- Adobe PDF Plug-In For Firefox and Netscape 10.1.5
- Google Update
- iTunes Detector Plug-in
- WildTangent Games App V2 Presence Detector
- Adobe Shockwave for Director Netscape plug-in, version 126.96.36.1998
- Adobe Shockwave for Director Netscape plug-in, version 188.8.131.527
- Adobe Shockwave for Director Netscape plug-in, version 184.108.40.2066
- The plug-in allows you to open and edit files using Microsoft Office applications
- Office Authorization plug-in for NPAPI browsers
- User Agent: Mozilla/5.0 (Windows NT 6.1; WOW64; rv:18.0) Gecko/20100101 Firefox/18.0
check what Firefox has for the new tab page in the about:config preferences editor.
1 In a new tab, type or paste about:config in the address bar and press Enter. Click the button promising to be careful.
2 In the filter box, type or paste newtab and pause while the list is filtered
3 Double-click the browser.newtab.url preference and enter the desired value:
- Page default
browser.newtab.url = about:newtab
- Blank tab
browser.newtab.url = about:blank
- Built-in Firefox home page
browser.newtab.url = about:home
- Any other page
browser.newtab.url = full URL to the page
Open a new tab and verify that it worked. Please report back
I was able to search for this and resolve the new tab issue I had and set it as google.com.
I'm now having this problem, and I've done what alco did, but now it's not working. It used to work before, and now it's not. Could I get help with that?
use the search reset tool
In about:config it still didn't change even with the add on.
Did you use the search reset(my last post) or delete a possible user.js file?
I didn't have some of the information that was supposed to be edited, something called user.js or something like that.