How to get the full path of the upload file by the user,it works in IE but in FireFox 18 it just gives file name instead of fullpath
I am using Fire Fox 18.0.2,I could not able to get the full path of the file upload but it works in IE,where as in Firefox it just gives only the file name with extension.How to get the full path of the upload file.
Additional System Details
- Adobe PDF Plug-In For Firefox and Netscape 10.1.4
- Adobe Shockwave for Director Netscape plug-in, version 188.8.131.525
- NPRuntime Script Plug-in Library for Java(TM) Deploy
- Next Generation Java Plug-in 1.6.0_27 for Mozilla browsers
- The plug-in allows you to open and edit files using Microsoft Office applications
- Office Authorization plug-in for NPAPI browsers
- User Agent: Mozilla/5.0 (Windows NT 6.1; WOW64; rv:18.0) Gecko/20100101 Firefox/18.0
This is a security feature, preventing scripts from accessing the full path of a file to be uploaded using <input type="file">.
In earlier versions of Firefox, your script might have asked the user's permission to access privileged information, but this feature was removed in the past few versions of Firefox.
Why do you need the full path?