Firefox 18.0.1 will not download .pdf from internet, add-on incompatible with Acrobat X
The Add-Ons manager says: Adobe Acrobat - Create PDF 1 (disabled)
All that happens now is that, when I click on a PDF Google result, a page with the correct URL opens, but no file is downloaded. If I use Quick View, however, I go to the PDF on the site. If I click Download Original, I just get the blank page again. Any ideas?
hello david, please see PDF files are blank or cause an error message on MacRead this answer in context 2
Additional System Details
- Shockwave Flash 11.5 r502
- Microsoft Office for Mac SharePoint Browser Plug-in
- Displays Java applet content, or a placeholder if Java is not installed.
- Office Live Update v1.0
- The QuickTime Plugin allows you to view a wide variety of multimedia content in web pages. For more information, visit the QuickTime Web site.
- The Flip4Mac WMV Plugin allows you to view Windows Media content using QuickTime.
- The Google Earth Plugin allows you to view 3D imagery and terrain in your web browser.
- Software 602 XML Filler plugin
- DivX OVS Helper Plug-in
- DivX Web Player version 184.108.40.2060
- User Agent: Mozilla/5.0 (Macintosh; Intel Mac OS X 10.7; rv:18.0) Gecko/20100101 Firefox/18.0
hello david, please see PDF files are blank or cause an error message on Mac
Sorry, Madperson. I thought your reply would be helpful, but the answer you suggested has nothing to do with downloading files, just viewing them. I have no problem viewing PDFs in Firefox. Quick View works fine. I need to download the files to my computer, and I get nothing.
Any more thoughts?
can you check if they show up in your downloads folder nevertheless? some other common troubleshooting advice see What to do if you can't download or save files
I don't use the Downloads folder. Everything just goes straight to the desktop. I checked the Downloads window, however, and there is no sign of a download there. On the other hand, I have just successfully downloaded two PDF files from Gmail which are in the window, so now I have no idea what is going on :o(
While we're on the subject, Acrobat PDF files are not listed in the Applications folder of preferences