Does the plugin checker website take into account that a specific plugin is available in different version numbers for different browsers and operating systems?
On some machines i am using Waterfox and/or MSIE 64 bits. A sample machine is like this: - Windows 7 with 64 bits
when doing the plugin check it always hints me for an outdated adobe plugin but when following the link the the Adobe download site offers only the very same flash version as was reported by the plugin check website as outdated - so no newer flash version is available for the specific browser setup. the check told something differently.
i am wondering if the check really takes into account that even if the OS is the same, it can be the case that the plugin versions available for the 64 bit browsers are different from those for the 32 bit btowsers. is the database of the plug in check aware of the bitness of browser and/or OS?
Additional System Details
- Shockwave Flash 11.5 r502
- Next Generation Java Plug-in 10.13.2 for Mozilla browsers
- NPRuntime Script Plug-in Library for Java(TM) Deploy
- Adobe PDF Plug-In For Firefox and Netscape 10.1.5
- VLC media player Web Plugin 2.0.2
- The QuickTime Plugin allows you to view a wide variety of multimedia content in Web pages. For more information, visit the QuickTime Web site.
- iTunes Detector Plug-in
- RealJukebox Netscape Plugin
- RealPlayer(tm) LiveConnect-Enabled Plug-In
- RealPlayer Download Plugin
- Facebook Video Calling Plugin
- Adobe Shockwave for Director Netscape plug-in, version 126.96.36.1998
- Google Update
- Winamp Application Detector
- Adobe Shockwave for Director Netscape plug-in, version 188.8.131.525
- Garmin Communicator Plug-In 184.108.40.206
- IE Tab Plug-in for Mozilla/Firefox
- HP Product Detection Plugin
- Provides additional functionality on Facebook. See our web site for details.
- DivX Web Player version 220.127.116.11
- HD View 18.104.22.168 Mozilla plugin
- Google Updater pluginhttp://pack.google.com/
- Windows Presentation Foundation (WPF) plug-in for Mozilla browsers
- User Agent: Mozilla/5.0 (Windows NT 6.0; rv:18.0) Gecko/20100101 Firefox/18.0
Waterfox is not an official Mozilla build of Firefox, so you can't expect everything to work right with it.
The plugin check page is manually updated to include new versions, so it's possible that a version of a plugin has been released but the plugin check page hasn't been updated to reflect that.