websites with embeded sound
the web site I visited has sound enbeded in it the site was bulit with front page
hello, it doesn't work on other browsers like chrome either. front page is known to produce code that isn't standard compliant & most probably will always work well with IE only. in this case a <bgsound> element is used, but this isn't valid html and non-IE browsers can't deal with that...Read this answer in context 0
Additional System Details
- Shockwave Flash 11.5 r502
- Next Generation Java Plug-in 10.13.2 for Mozilla browsers
- NPRuntime Script Plug-in Library for Java(TM) Deploy
- Adobe PDF Plug-In For Firefox and Netscape 10.1.5
- The QuickTime Plugin allows you to view a wide variety of multimedia content in Web pages. For more information, visit the QuickTime Web site.
- iTunes Detector Plug-in
- Adobe Shockwave for Director Netscape plug-in, version 22.214.171.1248
- Google Update
- Best Buy pc app Detector Plug-in
- The plug-in allows you to open and edit files using Microsoft Office applications
- Office Authorization plug-in for NPAPI browsers
- User Agent: Mozilla/5.0 (Windows NT 6.1; WOW64; rv:18.0) Gecko/20100101 Firefox/18.0
I don't understand what your issue is..
The site i went to hase back round sound I am unable to hear it I can play youtube vidos fine
Do you experience this issue on another browser?
No only this one the webpage was built in FrontPage
Did this work before? Are your plugins up to date?
Please check if all your plugins are up-to-date. To do this, go to the Mozilla Plugin Check site.
Once you're there, the site will check if all your plugins have the latest versions. If you see plugins in the list that have a yellow Update button or a red Update now button, please update these immediately.
To do so, please click each red or yellow button. Then you should see a site that allows you to download the latest version. Double-click the downloaded file to start the installation and follow the steps mentioned in the installation procedure.
http://www.ftrp17cav196.com/ this the site there is back round sound on it I can hear it on IE9
All plugins are green
I am able to reproduce this issue and so I will file a bug.
hello, it doesn't work on other browsers like chrome either. front page is known to produce code that isn't standard compliant & most probably will always work well with IE only. in this case a <bgsound> element is used, but this isn't valid html and non-IE browsers can't deal with that...
I looked at it a little more and can confirm that it doesn't work on Chrome as well. Please contact the webmaster of the page. As per the bug I filed, I will mark it as invalid.
That page uses BGSOUND and that doesn't work in Firefox.
<bgsound src="whitesat.mid" loop="1">
Something like this should work in Firefox:
<embed src="whitesat.mid" type="audio/midi">
thanks works great now