Is possible redirect Firefox for win32 to named pipe ?
example \\.\pipe\xxxx as http://localhost:port
I am also having the same problem... How to read back from a named pipe? Does anybody found any solution for this?Read this answer in context 0
Additional System Details
- Shockwave Flash 11.5 r502
- Adobe PDF Plug-In For Firefox and Netscape 10.1.5
- VLC media player Web Plugin 2.0.2
- The QuickTime Plugin allows you to view a wide variety of multimedia content in Web pages. For more information, visit the QuickTime Web site.
- CANON iMAGE GATEWAY Album Plugin Utility Module for IJ
- DivX VOD Helper Plug-in
- User Agent: Mozilla/5.0 (Windows NT 6.1; WOW64; rv:18.0) Gecko/20100101 Firefox/18.0
I'm struggling to figure out what you're trying to do here. If this is a developer question, your best bet is probably to try the mailing list: https://lists.mozilla.org/listinfo/dev-apps-firefox
I managed to create a Named Pipe and even send some info on it. You can do it this way:
var Request_file = Components.classes["@mozilla.org/file/local;1"].createInstance(Components.interfaces.nsILocalFile); Request_file.initWithPath("\\\\.\\pipe\\myPipe"); var outputStream = Components.classes["@mozilla.org/network/file-output-stream;1"].createInstance(Components.interfaces.nsIFileOutputStream); outputStream.init(Request_file, 0x04 | 0x08 | 0x10, 00002, 0); var text = ""; outputStream.write(text, text.length);
My problem however, right now is with reading infor being sent back on the same Pipe. Any ideas how to do that?
Modified by cor-el
I am also having the same problem... How to read back from a named pipe? Does anybody found any solution for this?