I cannot remove my master password - the remove button is gray
I enabled the Firefox master password but FF kept asking for it every 20 seconds while I was using gmail, so I wanted to disable and remove the master password. When I uncheck the master password box, a popup screen asks for the master password but entering it in the field, the "remove" button is and remains unclickable. So now how do I get rid of the master password? Thanks a lot in advance!
Yes, just leave it to the default of 30 minutes.Read this answer in context 2
Additional System Details
- Shockwave Flash 11.2 r202
- This plug-in detects the presence of iTunes when opening iTunes Store URLs in a web page with Firefox.
- DivX Web Player version 22.214.171.124
- The Totem 3.0.1 plugin handles video and audio streams.
- User Agent: Mozilla/5.0 (X11; Ubuntu; Linux i686; rv:18.0) Gecko/20100101 Firefox/18.0
You can check the value of the security.password_lifetime pref on the about:config page.
You can set the MP to an empty string to disable it.
- Password Exporter: https://addons.mozilla.org/firefox/addon/password-exporter/
Thanks cor-el; Firefox isn't asking for the password anymore, but I thought I'd remove it all the same. The value of the security.password_lifetime is set at 30. Should it be anything else? Or could I just leave it since I'm not prompted for the master password anymore?
Yes, just leave it to the default of 30 minutes.