Default source code viewer command line
Not sure if this is the right place to ask this but does anyone know what is the command line to launch the built in source code viewer for FF please?
I've read someone that it's: "C:\Program Files (x86)\Mozilla Firefox\firefox.exe" "view-source"
But this doesn't work.
If anyone's able to shed some light on it, that would be great.
Additional System Details
- Next Generation Java Plug-in 10.13.2 for Mozilla browsers
- NPRuntime Script Plug-in Library for Java(TM) Deploy
- Shockwave Flash 11.5 r502
- The QuickTime Plugin allows you to view a wide variety of multimedia content in Web pages. For more information, visit the QuickTime Web site.
- RealJukebox Netscape Plugin
- RealPlayer(tm) HTML5VideoShim Plug-In
- RealPlayer(tm) LiveConnect-Enabled Plug-In
- Nokia Suite Enabler Plugin
- Adobe Shockwave for Director Netscape plug-in, version 188.8.131.528
- Adobe PDF Plug-In For Firefox and Netscape 11.0.0
- Version 0.9.19, Copyright 2006-2012 Veetle Inchttp://www.veetle.com/
- Version 0.9.18, copyright 2006-2010 Veetle Inchttp://www.veetle.com/
- iTunes Detector Plug-in
- IE Tab Plug-in for Mozilla/Firefox
- The plug-in allows you to open and edit files using Microsoft Office applications
- Office Authorization plug-in for NPAPI browsers
- User Agent: Mozilla/5.0 (Windows NT 6.1; WOW64; rv:18.0) Gecko/20100101 Firefox/18.0
You can prefix an URL with the view-source: protocol to see the page source.
That works but I'm trying to add the default source code viewer to the ViewSourceWith extension.
I add the path to FF and if I add view-source: as parameter then when I click to check the source using those details, a page loads with the following address: view-source:file:///C:/Program%20Files%20%28x86%29/Mozilla%20Firefox/
The contents of the page seem to list all the .dll files being used by FF.
Is there anything I can add to the parameters to make it load the current page in the source viewer please?
The view source: does not give you the option to edit the source code. It only gives me the option to view it. I had notepad+ set as my external source viewer in version 16 but now I no longer have the option in 18 even though external viewer is set in config. What am I missing?
(fixed for Southerner as per: [/questions/939775#answer-406824])
I am back to having the same problem! When version 22.0 installed I lost the option to view source in Notepad++. The about lines still show that it should work but it does not. Control U brings up the source but in the Mozilla viewer which does not allow editing the source. What am I missing and why does it get reset?
I also noticed that with version 22 (32 bit for XP) the default printer is not the windows default printer but keeps the last printer used in Firefox even if that printer no longer exists.
Thank you for the help.