Windows Backup error - Backup encountered a problem while backing up file C:\Users\xxxx\AppData\Local\Geckofx\DefaultProfile\places.sqlite-wal.
I cannot perform a full backup using Windows Backup to my 2 TB External HDD because it skips the file places.sqlite-wal. I have tried cleaning my browsing history then restarting still gives me the "some files were skipped" message. I am the administrator of my desktop and all the folders have read/write permission. Please help.
Backup encountered a problem while backing up file C:\Users\Lyronx\AppData\Local\Geckofx\DefaultProfile\places.sqlite-wal. Error:(Data error (cyclic redundancy check). (0x80070017))
Additional System Details
- Shockwave Flash 11.5 r502
- Pando Web Plugin
- Next Generation Java Plug-in 10.11.2 for Mozilla browsers
- NPRuntime Script Plug-in Library for Java(TM) Deploy
- Adobe PDF Plug-In For Firefox and Netscape 11.0.01
- VLC media player Web Plugin 2.0.2
- iTunes Detector Plug-in
- Battlefield Play4Free Updater
- The plug-in allows you to open and edit files using Microsoft Office applications
- Office Authorization plug-in for NPAPI browsers
- User Agent: Mozilla/5.0 (Windows NT 6.1; WOW64; rv:18.0) Gecko/20100101 Firefox/18.0
There is no need to backup sqlite-wal and sqlite-shm files.
That are temp files used by SQLite that only are present during the current session.
It is better to do the backup when Firefox is closed to make sure that all such temp files are removed. If those files are still there after Firefox has closed then something went wrong and other software may be causing their existence.
- WAL:Write-Ahead Logging
- Shm:Shared Memory files
Should I just change the backup to System Image only of C: and System Reserve as what Windows Backup states? Because even if I close Firefox it still shows the same error.