Firefox is asking to update a plugin, but can't find it. As far as I know there isn't any. Why is it asking in the first place?
My website http://www.stockchase.com/opinions/recent is triggering firefox to trigger "Additional plugins are required to display the media on this page", install plugins.
Clicking on install plugins doesn't actually find any needing to be installed.
As far as I know there are no plugins needed. What's triggering it?
This happens on many peoples Firefox browsers, no others.
Additional System Details
- Google Talk Plugin Video Accelerator version:0.1.44.23
- Version 184.108.40.20692
- The QuickTime Plugin allows you to view a wide variety of multimedia content in Web pages. For more information, visit the QuickTime Web site.
- VLC media player Web Plugin 2.0.2
- Next Generation Java Plug-in 1.6.0_37 for Mozilla browsers
- NPRuntime Script Plug-in Library for Java(TM) Deploy
- Google Update
- Adobe PDF Plug-In For Firefox and Netscape 10.1.4
- User Agent: Mozilla/5.0 (Windows NT 6.2; WOW64; rv:18.0) Gecko/20100101 Firefox/18.0
Hello iplayfast, while clicking on 'install plug-ins', a dialog box of Plug-in Finder Service opens in an another window. Now at the bottom of that dialog box you will find a noting i.e.: 'Find out more about plugins or manually find missing plug-ins' click on that and you will find your Plug-in Details, Status & Action check that whole thing and if it shows that you have to update it then perform the needed action. Also will like to say that you should use the latest version of "Mozilla Firefox"
Modified by KaRan
I see an object tag with type="application/x-dgnria"
<object id="plugin0" style="position: absolute; z-index: 1000;" type="application/x-dgnria" width="0" height="0"> <param name="tabId" value="undefined" /> <param name="counter" value="192" /> </object>
It looks that the person who created this page has Dragon Naturally Speaking installed and this program seems to add this code.
You can ignore this plugin notification in Firefox and maybe contact the website to inform them about this issue.
That makes some sense. One of the people entering data uses dragon so maybe it inserted it by mistake. Thanks.