Why doesn't even freshly & cleanly installed Firefox allow MS Silverlight to run, while other browsers will?
I've tried uninstalling, including all personal information, etc., then reinstalling without any importing of external data-- in other words, a very fresh and clean installation. Still, I can't get Silverlight to run at the Fidelity site. Internet Explorer and Chrome work just fine. What's going on here?
Additional System Details
- Next Generation Java Plug-in 10.13.2 for Mozilla browsers
- NPRuntime Script Plug-in Library for Java(TM) Deploy
- Shockwave Flash 11.5 r502
- Adobe PDF Plug-In For Firefox and Netscape 11.0.01
- VLC media player Web Plugin 2.0.2
- Windows Presentation Foundation (WPF) plug-in for Mozilla browsers
- DRM Netscape Network Object
- Npdsplay dll
- DRM Store Netscape Plugin
- User Agent: Mozilla/5.0 (Windows NT 5.1; rv:18.0) Gecko/20100101 Firefox/18.0
Have you installed silverlight? http://go.microsoft.com/fwlink?linkid=149156
Yes, of course. In fact, installed and uninstalled, then reinstalled fresh and updated. Pretty sure it's not that. Tried turning of pop-up blocking to see if that was getting in the way. Still don't understand why I CAN get it to work in Internet Explorer and Chrome, but not Firefox--even freshly reinstalled Firefox in the cleanest way I know how, i.e., without importing personal settings, etc. Still don't get it. And it's still not working.
Clear the cache and the cookies from sites that cause problems.
"Clear the Cache":
- Tools > Options > Advanced > Network > Cached Web Content: "Clear Now"
"Remove Cookies" from sites causing problems:
- Tools > Options > Privacy > Cookies: "Show Cookies"
Start Firefox in Safe Mode to check if one of the extensions (Firefox/Tools > Add-ons > Extensions) or if hardware acceleration is causing the problem (switch to the DEFAULT theme: Firefox/Tools > Add-ons > Appearance).
- Do NOT click the Reset button on the Safe mode start window or otherwise make changes.
Thanks for the suggestions. Unfortunately, none of them solved the problem. The problem persists. Silverlight acts like it wants to start. In fact, it seems like it is just starting when it always shuts done and presents a blank screen. Still don't get it. Anybody have any other ideas? Cheers!
I am using Windows 7 64bit Ultimate and for some reason I had a problem that I have seen many people on here was having and was blaming Firefox's Plugin Container when watching Netflix or anything using Microsoft's Silverlight. But it isn't the Container that is causing the "Silverlight Plugin Has Crashed" problem. I just talked to Microsoft about it and found the solution on fixing it. The problem is the Computer Browser.
You go to "run", then type in "SERVICES.MSC" when that pops up scroll down to "Computer Browser" highlight it then in the left hand side at the top you will see "Restart the service". That's it. Restart computer. Now Firefox will play Silverlight.
I have read so many posts about this with people coming up with all sorts of things to try to fix this, but none has worked....for me anyway.
So do this and I'm sure you'll be happy again.