how do I get google to be my default search engine on my home page
My Mozilla crashed and for about a week I have been running it in safe mode. Today I tried it and it is coming up but my default search engine does not show up like it used to. Mozilla Firefox is my home page and in the middle where there is supposed to be a seach engine name which is google in my case and there is nothing there except the search box. Some how in the manage search engine at first in the popup nothing was listed. Then somehow It managed to make Firefox Help as a search engine and today somehow google showed up but it won't let me make it the default search engine. The manage search engine popup window will not let any of the buttons become available to work. I really don't want to reinstall it if I don't have to because I have some book marks I don't want to lose. I changed my Firefox back to the 16 version by restore system. It brought back to 16 version but that's it.
Additional System Details
- Next Generation Java Plug-in 10.13.2 for Mozilla browsers
- NPRuntime Script Plug-in Library for Java(TM) Deploy
- Shockwave Flash 11.5 r502
- Adobe PDF Plug-In For Firefox and Netscape 11.0.01
- RealJukebox Netscape Plugin
- RealNetworks(tm) RealPlayer Chrome Background Extension Plug-In
- RealPlayer(tm) HTML5VideoShim Plug-In
- RealPlayer(tm) LiveConnect-Enabled Plug-In
- RealPlayer Download Plugin
- The QuickTime Plugin allows you to view a wide variety of multimedia content in Web pages. For more information, visit the QuickTime Web site.
- Adobe Shockwave for Director Netscape plug-in, version 184.108.40.2067
- Coupons, Inc. Coupon Printer Plugin
- Coupons, Inc. Coupon Printer DLL
- Zwinky Installer Plugin Stub for 32-bit Windows
- WinZip Courier Plugin for Mozilla Firefox
- Webfetti Installer Plugin Stub for 32-bit Windows
- Musicnotes Viewer plugin 1.18.11 For more information visit www.musicnotes.com
- Adobe Shockwave for Director Netscape plug-in, version 11.5
- Windows Presentation Foundation (WPF) plug-in for Mozilla browsers
- DRM Netscape Network Object
- Npdsplay dll
- DRM Store Netscape Plugin
- Allows browsing on RealArcade sites with Mozilla browsers.
- Windows Multimedia Services DRM Store Plug-In
- User Agent: Mozilla/5.0 (Windows NT 5.1; rv:18.0) Gecko/20100101 Firefox/18.0
Please install Firefox 18.0.2 Update Firefox to the latest version
Locked as Duplicate thread.
Please see and continue with thread /questions/949722