Firefox 18 and Fedora 17; Firefox prevents page from automatically reloading
The solution for windows (tool/options/ etc) does not work for "Firefox prevents page automatically reloading" or any similar complaint. I don't have a Tools/Options drop down. Only Tools/Downloads or Addins or Setup Sync.
I appreciate any help. I'm almost ready to go back to Windows/Explorer.
Additional System Details
- Shockwave Flash 11.2 r202
- This plugin provides integration with Gnome Shell for live extension enabling and disabling. It can be used only by extensions.gnome.org
- The Totem 3.4.3 plugin handles video and audio streams.
- DivX Web Player version 126.96.36.199
- User Agent: Mozilla/5.0 (X11; Linux x86_64; rv:18.0) Gecko/20100101 Firefox/18.0
though you could try the following:
- In the Firefox menu select Preferences to open the preferences window
- Go to the Advanced panel, and then the General tab
- De-select the setting "Warn me when web sites try to redirect or reload the page"
I have this same problem. I have searched in vain for the FIREFOX MENU to select preferences_where & how to you find/access same? Any help will be appreciated. THANKS