firefox updated with out warning and now all of my bookmars are gone as well as saved passwords and rss feeds
firefox updated to 18.0.2 now all of my book marks, rss feeds, saved passwords are gone. no back ups no saved fielks nothing just gone and the new layout format sucks don't make me go back to using internet exploder.
Additional System Details
- Shockwave Flash 11.5 r502
- Adobe PDF Plug-In For Firefox and Netscape 11.0.01
- iTunes Detector Plug-in
- Next Generation Java Plug-in 1.6.0_37 for Mozilla browsers
- NPRuntime Script Plug-in Library for Java(TM) Deploy
- Adobe Shockwave for Director Netscape plug-in, version 126.96.36.1998
- ActiveTouch General Plugin Container Version 105
- Adobe Shockwave for Director Netscape plug-in, version 188.8.131.529
- Provides additional functionality on Facebook. See our web site for details.
- CANON iMAGE GATEWAY Mycamera Plugin
- Windows Presentation Foundation (WPF) plug-in for Mozilla browsers
- Office Plugin for Netscape Navigator
- User Agent: Mozilla/5.0 (Windows NT 6.1; WOW64; rv:18.0) Gecko/20100101 Firefox/18.0
The installers usually detect and retain your settings, so that's definitely not by design.
If you open Help > Troubleshooting Information and click "Show Folder" you will be staring your current (uncustomized) personal settings, AKA your Firefox profile. If you click up a level, do you see any other profile folders? If so, one of those probably has your lost settings and we can discuss switching you over to that folder.
If not, do you have any backups of this part of your hard drive, or did you ever upload your data using Firefox Sync?
Problems with bookmarks and history not working properly can be caused by a corrupted places.sqlite database file.
You can check for problems with the places.sqlite database file in the Firefox Profile Folder.