Sometimes I get a blank page when I open a new session?
I occasionally get a blank page when I try to open a new session. I set Firefox to restore my previous session and lately, I've been getting a lot of blank pages where I can't do anything other than minimize, restore down, and close. I've tried closing it before, but when I try opening it again, it doesn't restore my previous session. I'm not sure how up-to-date Firefox is on my computer (it automatically does it), but it shouldn't be too outdated, although other programs like Flash and Reader are really outdated. Is there some way to fix this problem so I don't lose all my information from my previous session?
Additional System Details
- Unity Player 4.0.0f7
- The QuickTime Plugin allows you to view a wide variety of multimedia content in Web pages. For more information, visit the QuickTime Web site.
- iTunes Detector Plug-in
- Shockwave Flash 10.0 r45
- Adobe PDF Plug-In For Firefox and Netscape
- User Agent: Mozilla/5.0 (Windows NT 6.1; rv:18.0) Gecko/20100101 Firefox/18.0
Try session manager
In case you are using "Clear history when Firefox closes":
- do not clear the "Browsing History"
- Tools > Options > Privacy: History: [X] Clear history when Firefox closes > Settings
Note that clearing "Site Preferences" clears all exceptions for cookies, images, pop-up windows, software installation, and passwords.
You can check for problems with the sessionstore.js and sessionstore.bak files in the Firefox Profile Folder that store session data.
Delete the sessionstore.js file and possible sessionstore-##.js files with a number and sessionstore.bak in the Firefox Profile Folder.
- Help > Troubleshooting Information > Profile Directory: Open Containing Folder
Deleting sessionstore.js will cause App Tabs and Tab Groups and open and closed (undo) tabs to get lost, so you will have to create them again (make a note or bookmark them).