This thread was archived. Please ask a new question if you need help.
When I open a new window, why does the information bar and google search disappear?
I have several tabs opened up, but go to file, New Window, and the information bar and google search disappears. There are no back or forward arrows. It is just a blank bar with a bookmarks drop down.
All Replies (2)
The Reset Firefox feature can fix many issues by restoring Firefox to its factory default state while saving your essential information. Note: This will cause you to lose any Extensions, Open websites, and some Preferences.
To Reset Firefox do the following:
- Go to Firefox > Help > Troubleshooting Information.
- Click the "Reset Firefox" button.
- Firefox will close and reset. After Firefox is done, it will show a window with the information that is imported. Click Finish.
- Firefox will open with all factory defaults applied.
Further information can be found in the Refresh Firefox - reset add-ons and settings article.
Did this fix your problems? Please report back to us!
Do you mean that you do not see the standard toolbars in a new window?
You can check for problems with the localstore.rdf file.
Try to remove the Firefox plist file (org.mozilla.firefox.plist).
- http://www.macfixit.com/article.php?story=20060606082246983 How .plist files become corrupt and troubleshooting the results
Go to "~/Library/Preferences" and remove the plist file for Firefox (org.mozilla.firefox.plist)