When I open a new window, why does the information bar and google search disappear?
I have several tabs opened up, but go to file, New Window, and the information bar and google search disappears. There are no back or forward arrows. It is just a blank bar with a bookmarks drop down.
Additional System Details
- Shockwave Flash 10.3 r183
- The QuickTime Plugin allows you to view a wide variety of multimedia content in web pages. For more information, visit the QuickTime Web site.
- LogMeIn remote control components
- User Agent: Mozilla/5.0 (Macintosh; Intel Mac OS X 10.5; rv:16.0) Gecko/20100101 Firefox/16.0
The Reset Firefox feature can fix many issues by restoring Firefox to its factory default state while saving your essential information. Note: This will cause you to lose any Extensions, Open websites, and some Preferences.
To Reset Firefox do the following:
- Go to Firefox > Help > Troubleshooting Information.
- Click the "Reset Firefox" button.
- Firefox will close and reset. After Firefox is done, it will show a window with the information that is imported. Click Finish.
- Firefox will open with all factory defaults applied.
Further information can be found in the Refresh Firefox - reset add-ons and settings article.
Did this fix your problems? Please report back to us!
Do you mean that you do not see the standard toolbars in a new window?
You can check for problems with the localstore.rdf file.
Try to remove the Firefox plist file (org.mozilla.firefox.plist).
- http://www.macfixit.com/article.php?story=20060606082246983 How .plist files become corrupt and troubleshooting the results
Go to "~/Library/Preferences" and remove the plist file for Firefox (org.mozilla.firefox.plist)